Parker is the administrative partner of the firm and concentrates his practice on commercial real estate matters. Representing borrowers, lenders, landlords, tenants, and lien claimants, he has been involved in hundreds of closings of various types and complexity levels ranging from the acquisition and lease of raw land to the sale of multiple shopping centers to a national REIT for a purchase price in excess of $1.2 billion.
Parker has handled the acquisition, development, financing and sale of numerous shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, industrial sites and other developments across the United States for various developers and other companies. From simple transactions to complex matters, he has drafted and negotiated hundreds of declarations, easements, encumbrances, and other agreements relating to real estate to handle a myriad of situations.
As lead leasing counsel for a national retail chain and for several developer clients, Parker has successfully negotiated dozens of retail leases over a broad spectrum of issues. A former mediator, he has confronted a vast array of issues and resolved over 100 landlord/tenant disputes in various capacities.
On behalf of both borrowers and lenders, Parker has negotiated workouts and has confronted numerous foreclosure situations. He has assisted clients with the foreclosure process as well as deficiency actions, having been called as a witness therein on several occasions. Further, Parker has handled and advised many clients relating to the enforcement of liens in Georgia.
Mr. Gilbert has been involved in over a dozen PILOT Bond (“Phantom Bond”) transactions and has acted as special counsel to many projects across Georgia in connection with such financing.
- Representation of developer in connection with sale of multiple shopping centers in numerous states to a national REIT for a purchase price in excess of $1.2 billion.
- Lead counsel of developer in connection with sale of 900,000-square-foot “big box” shopping center in Kentucky for purchase price in excess of $187 million.
- Sole counsel of developer of shopping centers in Georgia and handled all phases of grocery store–anchored centers. Handled all legal aspects of properties including acquisition, development, leasing, and sale of the centers.
- Lead counsel of developer of “big box” retail center in Athens, Georgia. Handled all legal aspects of project for in excess of a ten-year period.
- Representation of numerous hotel owners in connection with all phases of acquisition, finance, operation and sale.
- Lead counsel to borrower and guarantor in workout and restructure of over $200 million loan portfolio.
- Sole counsel to developers in connection with workout of multiple commercial and residential sites with debt in excess of $50 million.
- Representation of numerous tenants and landlords in connection with office leasing in metropolitan Atlanta and other areas.
- Representation of numerous institutional and private lenders in connection with various types of secured loans (real estate, commercial and industrial, asset-based lending).
- Establishment, acquisition and sale of various operating companies and businesses.
Parker has been active in several historical societies in Cobb County, Georgia, and is a board member and ex-chairman of Cobb Landmarks and Historical Society, Inc. He is a member of the Marietta Country Club and First Presbyterian Church in Marietta, Georgia. Parker has two daughters who attend The Walker School.